The Coolest Prizes Yet!
Announcing The Peak’s 14th Annual Summer Fun Write Stuff Contest
Fun, Get Prizes, Published, and Recognition
It’s time for The Peak’s ever-popular Summer Fun Write Stuff contest. It’s free and easy to enter. You have until midnight, Sunday, August 27, 2017 to enter.
You have four opportunities to win. Judges will select one winner for each of three entry categories category and a grand prize for the best overall contest entry.
Prizes and Recognition Galore!
All winning Write Stuff entries will be published online in The Peak and distributed in print with GPPA’s 2018 Summer Fun Calendar. The calendar will be distributed during 2018 to raise funds in support of GPPA causes, including the Scenic Drive.
In addition, winners will be recognized in GPPA’s The Peak Newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter. Selected Write Stuff contest entries will be showcased at the GPPA’s Summit of Summer Fun Awards on September 9th.
Four Opportunities to Win
Grand Prize – The Liz Stapleton-Ogden Award is given to the grand prize winner of the Summer Fun writing contest. This year the winner will receive a one-night state for two at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale, plus breakfast for two at the resort’s Proof Restaurant.
Liz Stapleton-Ogden was the founding editor of The Peak magazine. In 1983, Liz typed the first edition of The Peak, then a four-page newsletter, at her kitchen table. She was studying English in the evenings and went on to teach English for the Scottsdale school system until her retirement. She was the Peak’s editor for 13 years and set a high-standard for writers and editors alike.
Category Prizes. One winner will be selected for each category. This year’s prizes for the Summer Fun contests include:
- Family Admission Pass (Two Adults, Two Children) to Desert Botanical Gardens
- Two Sidekick Passes (Adults) to Western Spirit Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
- Complimentary Admission for Two , including either an in-depth, three hour “Extended Insights” tour or for a combination “Desert Walk” and “Insights Tour” 90-minute tour of the main complex
- One Year Membership and Complimentary Admission to the Cave Creek Museum
- Arizona Lottery Tickets Worth $25
- Amazon, Starbucks, and AMC Entertainment Gift Cards
- Signed Copy of “Images of America – Pinnacle Peak” by The Peak’s Editor
- Complimentary Admission for Two to OdySea Aquarium
Write Stuff Entry Categories
The categories for the Summer Fun Write Stuff Contest are:
- WHAT’S WORTH PRESERVING ARTICLE OR POEM: The best article or poem about what’s worth preserving in our community. It might be a way of life, the desert, a saguaro, a rattlesnake, a nonprofit organization, or local history; the possibilities are endless.
- SEEING AND DOING ARTICLE OR POEM. The best article or poem about something that a member of our community has seen or done. It might be an story about a vacation, a good deed done, etc.
- MY HERO: The best article or poem about a member of our local community who is a hero because of their community service. GRAND PRIZE: The best overall article, poem, or story.
All articles, poems, and stories should be about local flora, fauna, places, people, or our community. Entrants can submit a maximum of two entries per category. The piece must have been written by the entrant in the last three years, cannot exceed 700 words in length, and cannot have been previously published in The Peak.
GPPA’s Summit of Summer Fun Awards Event
On September 9th, join GPPA, Wild At Heart, fellow entrants, friends, and neighbors at The Summit Diner for an informal, relaxed meal and program. Don’t miss this fun and informative evening, which will honor contest winners and recognized GPPA and Scenic Drive volunteers. Additional information will be published in the near future.
Entering the Contests
Rules, Entry FormWrite Stuff Contest Rules (PDF)
Write Stuff Contest Entry Form (PDF)
Related Articles & Web Sites
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North Website
Cave Creek Museum Website
Taliesin West Website
Desert Botanical Gardens Website
Scottsdale’s Museum of the West Website
The Peak Welcomes Your Comment