Sept. 19, 2017
Courtesy City of Scottsdale
Contact: Anthony Floyd, green building manager, 480- 312-4202, afloyd@ScottsdaleAZ.gov
Scottsdale’s Green Building Lecture season kicks off with a panel of industry leaders on the economic value of green.
This free program will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 5, at the Granite Reef Senior Center, 1700 N. Granite Reef Road. RSVPs are not needed.
Local industry experts will speak about:
• energy efficient construction
• energy codes
• energy audits
• the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index
• gaining more value for appraisals
• marketing and selling homes with energy efficient features for the highest possible sale value
• where to start first when retrofitting a home with energy efficient features
• how to add green features to a mortgage.
If you’re considering retrofitting your home for energy efficient features, learn which features will add the best return on investment and what features might be important for you in your home.
Three speakers will lead the discussion:
• Mathew Thorne, Prime Lending
• Daran Wastchak, DR Wastchak Energy Efficiency Services
• Jan Green, EcoBroker, HomeSmart Elite Group
This lecture is one in a series that includes:
• Dec. 7 –Solar Energy & Storage Battery Systems
• Feb. 1, 2018 – Living an Edible Landscape Life
• April 5, 2018 – Building with earth and Mass in the Desert
• June 7, 2018 – Heating and Cooling with Ductless Mini-Splits
Learn more at ScottsdaleAZ.gov and search “green building.”
The Peak Welcomes Your Comment