Celebrate Summer Fun with a relaxing meal accompanied by beautiful images of our community, awards and more!
Honor Community’s Past, Present, and Future
If you entered The Peak’s Summer Fun Photography or Write Stuff Contests, are a Friends of the Scenic Drive volunteer, and/or a GPPA supporter, or just looking for a relaxing evening out, please mark September 9th, 6 p.m. on your calendar. This evening is for you, your friends and family. The 2017 Summit of Summer Fun will be held at The Summit Diner, 32531 N. Scottsdale Road, STE 101, Scottsdale, AZ 85266.
Everyone enjoyed the first three renditions of this event so the Summit Diner and GPPA are doing it again, but with more enjoyment and recognition. You’ll enjoy a casual meal while watching images of our beautiful community, applauding the winners of The Peak’s Summer Fun Contests and the outstanding service GPPA and Scenic Drive volunteers.
The evening’s program will include:
- Showing of all the entries submitted for the 2017 Summer Fun Photo Contest
- Presentation of selected 2017 Write Stuff Entries
- Voting for Diners Choice Award, i.e. the best photograph that was not selected by judges
- Presentation of outstanding volunteer and Summer Fun Awards
- Enjoyable food & beverages at regular menu prices (program included with dinner)
- Opportunity to invest in and WIN a fun-packed 50/50 raffle to support GPPA’s 2018 Student Environmental Grant
Summer Fun on Display
For the entire evening, ALL the Summer Fun photo entries will be displayed on a large screen. Also shown will be the best photographs published in The Peak since 2003, and a video of Scenic Drive volunteers at work.
Awards Presentation and Volunteer Recognition
In a short, enjoyable program, prizes will be presented to winners of the Summer Fun Photography and Write Stuff Contests and awards will be made outstanding GPPA and Friends of the Scenic Drive volunteers.
Liz Stapleton-Ogden Award to the grand prize winner of the Summer Fun Write Stuff Contest. Liz was founding editor of The Peak and served as editor for 13 years. Liz typed the first edition of the magazine at her kitchen table.
- Tony Nelssen Award to the grand prize winner of the Summer Fun Photography Contest. Tony was a community activist and served on GPPA’s board, was an active volunteer in Friends of the Scenic Drive. Tony was a professional photographer and designed The Peak’s cover for many years.
- Corki Cockburn Award will be presented to the 2017 Scenic Drive Volunteer of the Year. In 1963, Corki Cockburn initiated and became the driving force behind the effort to establish the Desert Foothills Scenic Drive, a.k.a. Scottsdale’s Scenic Drive.
- Ralph and Nancy Knight Award will be presented to an individual for outstanding service to the Greater Pinnacle Peak Association. Ralph and Nancy Knight founded GPPA in 1977 and led the organization for more than a decade, while donating many hours of community service.
Order food and beverages from the menu at regular prices. The Summit Diner is generously supporting the contest and the Scenic Drive by donating a percentage to GPPA of all checks exceeding $10.
Support Education and GPPA’s 2018 Environmental Grant
Guests will also have the opportunity to invest in a 50/50 raffle, with the winning ticket being drawn during the program. The winner need not be present at the time of the drawing. GPPA’s proceeds from the raffle will help fund its 2018 student environmental grant. The grant is given in April to a graduating, college-bound Cactus Shadows senior who made significant contributions to preserving the natural environment and enhancing our community’s quality of life.
Optional Registration Begins August 1st
Reservations are not required, seating is on a first-come-first-served basis, but advanced registration will help us plan and is appreciated. Admission is free, simply enjoy a relaxing, informal meal.Click Here to Register (Not Required)
For information, call (480) 361-6498 (The Peak) or (480) 575-6562 (The Summit Diner). For information about The Summit Diner visit www.summitdineraz.com.
Related Articles & Websites
The Summit Diner Website: Visit Website
The Peak Welcomes Your Comment