Announcing The Peak’s 14th Annual Summer Fun Photography Contest
Fun, Get Prizes, Published, and Recognition
Time to start clicking or digging through your favorite photographs. It’s time for The Peak’s Summer Fun Photography Contest. It’s free, easy to enter and there are six opportunities to win: Travel, Landscape, Wildlife, Scenic Drive, Local People and Grand Prize.
Prizes are being awarded based on categories. Judges will select one winner for each five categories and a different grand prize winner for the best overall contest entry. The deadline for entering is midnight, Sunday, August 27, 2017
Prizes and Recpognition Galore!
All winning photos will be published online in The Peak and featured in GPPA’s printed 2018 Summer Fun Calendar. The printed calendar will be distributed as a fund raiser in support of GPPA causes, including the Scenic Drive. In addition, winners will be recognized in GPPA’s The Peak Newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter. ALL qualified photography contest entries will be showcased at the GPPA’s Summit of Summer Fun Awards on September 9th.
Six Opportunities to Win
Grand Prize, The Tony Nelssen Award is given to the best overall photograph submitted for photography contest. This year’sp grand prize is a one night stay at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, including breakfast for two at The Proof Restaurant.
The late Tony Nelssen designed and produced outstanding covers of the Peak magazine for almost a decade. A professional photographer and graphics designer, Tony served on the board of directors of Friends of the Scenic Drive and the Greater Pinnacle Association and made outstanding contributions to the preservation of north Scottsdale’s natural environment. Tony also served on the numerous city commissions and boards and the Scottsdale City Council.
Category Prizes. One winner will be selected for each category. This year’s category prizes for the Summer Fun contests include:
Family Admission Pass (Two Adults, Two Children) to Desert Botanical Gardens
- Two Sidekick Passes (Adults) to Western Spirit Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
- Complimentary Admission for Two , including either an in-depth, three hour “Extended Insights” tour or for a combination “Desert Walk” and “Insights Tour” 90-minute tour of the main complex
- Complimentary Admission and One Year Membership to the Cave Creek Museum
- Arizona Lottery Tickets, $25 Worth
- Amazon, Starbucks, and AMC Entertainment Gift Cards
- Signed Copy of “Images of America – Pinnacle Peak” by The Peak’s Editor
- Complimentary Admission for Two to OdySea Aquarium
Five Entry Categories
The categories for this year’s contest are:
- TRAVEL: The best image of a landscape, wildlife, people, cityscape, etc. taken elsewhere in Arizona, the United States, or distant land.
- LANDSCAPES: The best image of a local landscape, flora, and other natural scenery.
- WILDLIFE: The best image of local wildlife, including birds, mammals, reptiles, etc.
- SCENIC DRIVE: The best image of Scottsdale’s Desert Foothills Scenic Drive, including roadside plant exhibits, monuments, exhibit area, view from Scenic Drive, etc.
- LOCAL PEOPLE: The best image of scenes of local people engaged in local traditions and everyday lifestyles.
Entrants can submit a maximum of two images per category. The photograph must have been taken by the entrant in the last three years and cannot
have been previously published in The Peak. Winning photographs will be published in the September issue of this magazine.
GPPA’s Summit of Summer Fun Awards Event
On September 9th, join GPPA, Wild At Heart, fellow entrants, friends, and neighbors at The Summit Diner for an informal, relaxed meal and program. Don’t miss this fun and informative evening, which will honor contest winners and recognized GPPA and Scenic Drive volunteers. Additional information will be published in the near future.
Entering the Contest
Rules and Entry FormPhoto Contest Rules (PDF)
Related Articles & Web Sites
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North Website
Cave Creek Museum Website
Taliesin West Website
Desert Botanical Gardens Website
Scottsdale’s Museum of the West Website
The Peak Welcomes Your Comment